On one hand, Najib talks about “transform”, 1Malaysia, freedom, equality… even organising makan with his online friends from tweeter and facebook.
All very well packaged and nice to see/hear/read. Well done, Apco!
BUT on the other hand.. when things are not going well… like the Sarawak Show that Najib is failing badly to stage – screw the progressiveness mask. It’s now same old story – bring out the iron fist.
In the past week… the following media / blogs have been down. Most of them attacked by DDOS.
- Sarawak Report. Now accesible on a blog here.
- Rado Free Sarawak. Not accesible.
- Malaysiakini. Now accesible at malaysiakinicom.wordpress.com and www.facebook.com/malaysiakini
- Dayak Baru Blog. Not accesible
- Anil Netto – supposedly “under attack” too but still accessible.
- Harakah Daily – supposedly “under attack” too but still accessible.
- Haris Ibrahim – People’s Parliament, President of MCLM
- Dr Wong Chin Huat – Political scientist and a leader of Bersih 2.0
- Sivarasa – Member of Parliament
- Steven Ng (Native Customary Rights (NCR) land activist)
-  Ambiga Sreenevasan – former Malaysian Bar Council Chairperson and current chairperson of Bersih 2.0
- How about the use of TV3 to start a Media spin on RPK?
- What about a Mainstream Media blackout on opposition’s successful rallies?
- The little things about Cheating agaisnt a free and fair election.
So… in the name of Power and Fear of losing… the rules of a democracy, free and fair elections, human rights, freedom of information – all out of the window.
How Najib? is this what 1Malaysia is about?
I think despite of the above… People Power will win 16 April. History will be made.