The Internal Security Act (ISA) turns 50.
It is draconian. It is against our Constitution. It is against human rights. It has been misused and abused as a political tool.
How about retiring it?
IF the government has not heard the rakyat so far… let us tell you again on 01Aug2010.
NATIONWIDE “ABOLISH ISA” Candlelight Vigil, 8pm, 01 Aug 2010
(more details soon)
- Dataran MBPJ, Padang Timur in Petaling Jaya at 8pm
- Speaker’s Square, Penang (9pm)
- Dataran Bandaraya Ipoh (8pm)
- Dataran Zero KM, Sungai Petani (8pm)
- Taman Hijau, Jalan Sultanah Zainab, Kota Bharu (8pm)
- Pusat Tanah Wang, Jalan Perdada, Sibu (8pm)
- Bangunan Al Idrus Commercial Centre, Kuching (8pm)
- Front Entrance of 1 Borneo Hypermall, Kota Kinabalu (1pm)
Bring a candle and spend a cool Sunday night in the name of human rights and justice.
See you there.