Haris once again blogged live from Putrajaya’s Palace of Justice earlier today.
Observations & reflections:
- This is a “sidetrack” from the main appeal case by the Home minister on High Court decision allowing RPK’s release from ISA… to “complain” about the panel of judges’ behaviour last week in court.
- Malik Imtiaz kicked ass again… DPP Tun Majid was a joke of a “learned” opponent.
- The 3 judges on the panel today – Justices Richard Malanjum, Ariffin Zakaria and Alauddin Sheriff carried themselves impeccably… as compared to “the other 3” of the actual appeal hearing (Nik Hashim, Zulkifli & Augustine Paul)… we didn’t feel like we had to throw shoes at them =]
- There were RPK supporters who showed up in solidarity to pack 2 courtrooms…. but we could have definitely done better…. perhaps RPK’s latest posting gave many the idea that it’s not such a big deal today…. perhaps most people still choose to remain “silent supporters”…. perhaps it takes RPK to be thrown back into Kamunting before you guys show up in support again…. perhaps perhaps perhaps.
- For those who showed up…. kudos!! They included YB Karpal Singh, Antares (great to see u, bro… all the way from Magick River!!), Datuk Seri Wan Azizah, Norlaila Othman (GMI) and some true blood anak bangsa Malaysia.
No, we have not gotten what we all want (the dismissal of Botak’s appeal)… but the fact that the judges reserved their judgement (instead of just throwing it out).. the fact that the case is now ajourned til further notice…. RPK has bought himself more freedom…
Malik Imtiaz commented “for the first time in weeks, I fell normal”…. poor guy was referring to his health… delCapo takes it as positive vibes… it was little, but it was a day of positives anyhow.
More coverage on Shanghai Fish.
more pix within…
Lawyers Ashoke & Sreekant… ready for battle..
Supporters filled the gallery… & many had to wait outside
Malik Imtiaz swarmed by reporters (many who could not get in)
Art Harun, Antares & Zorro – diversity in union
Who are you? Anak Bangsa Malaysia!!!
[Well Done uncle Robert in getting the banners ready!!]
3 lovely & strong ladies here to show support for RPK.