The first candle vigil at PJ was held on a peaceful Sunday of 12 Oct 2008. We have had 3 more since.
In between…. there have been successful ones at Penang… 2 good ones at Seremban… 1 in Ipoh.
It’s been consistent throughout - in the name of peace, love & freedom…. attended by the growing number of anak bangsa Malaysia of all ages, all walks of life - beautiful kids & families, lovely elders, even the romantics….
Then they gave us 091108, our own “9-11″… our own Sunday Bloody Sunday…. pfffff!!!!
Play this while u read the rest of this post…. lets hope we dun get there!!!
delCapo wanna know:
1) What exactly were the orders & the objectives of the Government & Police force in activating FRU squads to attack their fellow citizens, who loves their country?
2) MB Tan Sri Khalid Ibrahim & Selangor PR leadership… WTF!?!?!?! Didn’t this happen on your turf with your own MPs & Assemblymen in the corwd (& detention)… W.T.F!?!?!?!
3) Just to put things in pix&vids-pective below (Hey Botak & that Police Chief with pants on fire… just look what the fuck u have done)
A) 121008 – First PJ session
B) 191008 – With a Whole Lotta Love & Singing
D) 021108 – Angels in the Rain
Goddamit!!!…. Mr Minister & Police Chief, we were singing the National Anthem!! There were kids in the crowd who were dragged & scared (what message r u sending to them??)… there were elders in the crowd who have served our country all their lives (u attacked them singing our national anthem)… there were ladies, mothers of our future generation (at least one of them severly injured when her head knocked against the ground after being dragged.. what did you do? you arrested her son so he couldn’t take care of her!!”
but looking at the list of detainees – Politicians, Catholic priest, Journalists, A damn respected good lawyer, Bloggers, normal respected patriotic members of society… you know you fucked up now, uh??
To be fair… delCapo’s friends who were among the detainees kept telling us via sms that they were treated very well… given food & refreshments & an area to walk around & mingle….
So kudos to the abang & kakak Polis inside the PJ station that nite…. & kudos to Edmon Bon & the group of lawyers for turning up & making sure our friends were well.
Jokes aside.. delCapo is still wondering, 3 days after…. what the hell were they thinking when the orders were made???
The vigils WILL go on!!! PEOPLE POWER!!! Will NOT be intimidated by numbskulls….
or else… how are we to explain to these?
More coverage & comments -
- Haris’ takes here & here
- Zorro’s takes here & here
- Nat’s Jelas
- The Whisperer
- The Dandelions
- Sivin Kit
- Anil Netto
- Wong Chin Huat
- Melvin Mah
- Amin Iskandar
- Tony Pua
- Lau Weng San
The list of detainees… all released by 7am but 1.
1. Tony Pua Tiam Wee, PJ Utara Member of Parliament
2. Ronnie Liu Tian Khiew, Selangor State Executive Council member and
Pandamaran State Assemblyman
3. Lau Weng San, Kampung Tunku State Assemblyman
4. Teoh Way Keng, Petaling Jaya City Councillor
5. Ashok Kandiah, Lawyer
6. Ong Boon Keong, Activist and Coordinator for MAFREL
7. Father Paulino Miranda
8. Ambrose Goh, Malaysiakini journalist
9. Shukri Mohamad, Malaysiakini videographer
10. Sunny Lim, blogger
12. Angelia Ooi
13. Arrif Abdul
15. Goh Chien Li
16. Johny Andrew
17. Kenny Goh
19. Mohd Faizal
22. Syed Ahmad